Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stink, stank, stunk

So a week from tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I don't even know how that's possible. It seems like it was just a few days ago that I was preparing for last thanksgiving- my trip to Paris!! But I'm not talking about that right now. As I was flipping through the radio stations today, I came upon Christmas music. Of course, it was Michael Bublè so naturally I listened! As I did, an odd mixture of thoughts popped into my head, so naturally, I'm sharing them with you. I was thinking about the people complaining about Christmas starting early and how ridiculous that is. I think it stands as a well known fact that I LOVE music, so it's undeniable that I LOVE Christmas Music! Actually, I think that's backwards, Christmas music is the reason I LOVE music. Listening to a Christmas song can bring back so many memories all at the same time. That's what I look forward to each year at Christmas and always have. It has nothing to do with the gifts or the sales. That's actually what I found kind if ironic. People who complain about music starting sooner are usually the ones that say that people are focusing on the wrong message of the season. When actually, by worrying about what other people are focusing on, you're not focusing on either! I mean is one week really that much time. What difference does it REALLY make, especially when you're not listening to think of all the things you're buying or receiving! The next time someone mentions Christmas, I challenge you: don't grumble and think "Oh no! It's too soon!!" Instead, think "Oh yeah! Christmas!! I can not wait to make more wonderful memories with my friends/family that we will think of for many more years to come." After all, you never know who you will be celebrating with next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment