Thursday, November 1, 2012

Isn't that what the Lion asked for?

Hello internet world. So I've been blogging for about 5 years, I guess, maybe 6 actually if you count the myspace blog. For the first probably 2-3 years, I was a very dedicated blogger. I've typed around 60 blogs in this many years and around 48 of them are from the first two years. I've blogged everything from big announcements to random thoughts. Unfortunately, in recent years, the amount of type I've had to blog has decreased, by like a lot. So after discovering a blog this week, I discovered that November is like "National Blogging Month" so I decided to pick up this old hobby again and will be blogging every day this month! 

 (I promise they won't ALL be this long, just had to re-introduce myself.....)

So they give prompts for during the week and since my blogging skills are a little rusty, I'm using it today. So today's prompt is about my favorite quote. If you're a regular, you know that I'm not a big fan of choosing favorites. But there was one quote that came to mind; I think it is from a movie. "Courage is not living without fear, courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway." I want to start out by saying, I don't think I was one of those super scared kids growing up. Compared to my sister, I was though. I always let her try all the new things growing up. I didn't really do much that was very risky...definitely wasn't my thing. Until I grew up, which I think is the best time to start taking risks. You know as a teenager or a young kid, the "big risks" include all kinds of really stupid stuff that I'm actually very glad I never got involved in. Not saying I was perfect...just not much of risk taker..when it came to anything. I don't know that I could really tell you when I stopped being such a scaredy cat. I just noticed one day that I was saying yes to more things. Some may say that I said yes too many times...but that's just a matter of opinion...I do think I had to say yes sometimes when I was supposed to say no, and be ok with the outcome in order to be the person I am today. It's kind of like the movie "Yes Man!" You have to be open to the possibility not just say yes to everything. That's actually a fun thing to learn I guess, haha. Getting back into this, I feel like I could write a lot more. However, I think I'm going to cut this short. I hope it makes sense. I was multi-tasking as I was writing. I could go back and re-read, instead, I'm going to just hit post instead! See ya tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment