Monday, November 19, 2012

No Thanks!

So since I haven't remembered what I was thinking of blogging about the other day, I'm using the prompt again today. "If you had to get locked in some place (book store, amusement park, etc) overnight alone, where would you choose to be locked in?" And I will have to say none of the above. The idea of getting locked in anywhere is appalling. I remember this one time that we were shopping at Kmart for like school clothes. I must have been like 7-9 years old. I remember that we were trying on shoes and it was nearing closing time. They came on the speaker and announced that it was time to finalize your purchases and make your way to the front. I don't remember if they made a second announcement or not, but I remember what happened next. I freaked out and started kicking off my shoes, desperately wanting to just leave so they wouldn't lock us in. I vividly remember imagining the lights going off and my mom, sister and I having to just sleep in the shoe aisle because we couldn't leave fast enough. I honestly think it is because I have always been a strict rule follower. I, fortunately, had a friend in my early 20s that was ahold/bad influence on me. I've learned to, mostly, balance my neurotic tendency to think everything must always be as it is supposed to be, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment