Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another Chance

Happy New Year! So usually I write a list of things I've done through out the year and a bunch of things I look forward to doing the next year about this time. I've had a few friends write a list of reflections on this last year, like general statements that summarize the year. I don't think I've ever done that before, so I'm going to give it a try....

1. You can say "No" to your boss and still have a job.

2. There's an unspeakable satisfaction in pouring your heart and soul into your job and being rewarded with a "Heart & Soul" award.

3. There's a not so fine line between selfish and living your own life.

4. Moving back home for the right reasons is nothing to be ashamed of, especially if it pays off.

5. High School Reunions are exactly like High School, but I'm also glad I went to mine.

6. There's an awesome feeling when you're less than four months away from paying off your car and your credit card debt.

7. Having the right friends in your life make all the difference in how you view life.

8. It's important to have friends that a) make you laugh b) inspire you to be a better version of yourself c) enjoy doing the same things as you and d) can talk with you about practically almost everything. (And I'm blessed to have MANY of you!!)

9. No matter how hard you try, loving someone will not instantly mean they'll accept your help.

10. Letting go of things that only cause you stress is SUCH A relief!!

11. Accepting and embracing your quirks and nerdiness make life so much more enjoyable!

12. Creating nicknames for people is still fun after junior high.

13. You can plan all you want, but sometimes life just happens.

14. Visiting another country with teenagers is SO MUCH FUN!

15. Traveling is super addicting, I want to visit EVERY country on the planet, or most of them at least.

16. Acceptance really is the first step in recovery, even when the problem is only disorganization.

17. I still have no idea where I'm going with my life...

18. ...but I'm having lots of fun getting there.

19. Making life decisions is hard, especially REAL ones, where making a list is almost impossible.

20. Doing something every day for a month is a lot harder than it seems.

21. If you can do something every day for a month, than you can do anything every day for a month.

22. Winning isn't everything, but it sure makes life better!

23. Working somewhere that you love for not much pay is a lot easier than getting paid more to do something that makes you miserable.

24. I'm not 22 years old anymore, working with people who are 22 is the best way to figure that out.

25. Age has no place in determining friendships.

26. It's okay to be tired of things, but necessities will still be necessities.

27. It is possible to be a "professional" wedding guest, especially when you know lots of people.

28. Accepting help is something I still need help on.

I decided to make 28, since I am 28. I'm not making "resolutions" this year as much as I'm going to make plans/goals to accomplish actual things through out the year. That will have to wait for another day though. Happy New Year! Thanks for being a part of my story for 2012. I look forward to seeing what everyone has in store for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment