Monday, April 12, 2010

Chalk dust

First, let's start with some good news!! In case you haven't heard, I passed my high school math certification test!!! YEAH!! I was concerned mostly because it's been a long time since I've taken Calculus but it didn't matter. Second, I don't do this very often, but I may be having to make a decision about something soon and I would very much appreciate your prayers. I'll share more as it happens, but I'd rather not share anything publicly until I know something. Thank you in advance for that. OK, now onto "the blog"
So, it's kind of weird that I was inspired to blog today while at school. I use mostly the chalkboard at school for teaching and such. I was using the overhead at the beginning of the year, but the chalk board is just so much better and fits with my big handwriting. I also learned from my high school Physics teacher, who did the same thing, that a rag or cloth erases the board MUCH better than an eraser. So I bought a pack of washcloths from Walmart and they work GREAT! Unfortunately, I also use colored chalk, which creates more chalk dust while erasing with more ease than the white chalk. I know that's probably alot more than you ever wanted or needed to know about my chalkboard use, but it will help with the story....well at least I think it will. Anyways, on Friday after school, I decided to clean my board because our cleaning people only vacuum the dust from the tray. So I cleaned it with water and a towel. I used the chalkboard in all 6 of my classes today and I have to say that my chalkboard still looks pretty clean. Which made me think "mistakes are easier to fix with a clean start." This sentence has many meanings for me and I'm still pondering it. So, I'm not going to elaborate on my little insight anymore, I'm just going to let you ponder on it.
I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of my "loyal readers," and even my "unloyal readers" or "occasional readers" I'm very thankful for the Internet and facebook and this blog for allowing me to stay in contact with my family and friends, many of whom live far away. Frankly I think that's pretty cool. Just like in the "old days" when people would write letters to their family members to let them know what was going on. I kind of feel like that, just a modern day version, mostly cause you don't have to wait 2 weeks to get the letter. Any who. Those are my thoughts as they stand today. I hope your April is just AWESOME!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment