Monday, November 16, 2009

TBD

Hello, everyone! I know what you might be thinking, "Another blog? Already? We just got one??" but it's almost the end of the year and I'm super proud that I've had another year of sticking to at least one of my main resolutions ALL YEAR!! I'm also happy that the resolution has meant staying in closer contact with all of the wonderful people that I am blessed to call my friends and family! (Just in case you didn't know last year's was to send an email at least once a month and this year it was to blog at least once a month, and while I haven't been able to blog EVERY month, It's the eleventh month and this is blog #19 or #20 I think so...it averaged out...)
I have to take just a minute to brag on my students. I took my Advance Science class (Seven 7th and 8th graders) to Texas Tech this weekend to compete in the Math & Science Competition and they represented our school very well! As newcomers to the competition, I knew it would be tough, but out of more than 300 middle and high school kids I had 2-Third Place Ribbons, 1-Fourth place ribbon, and one of my students was part of the 2nd place engineering design team!! It was a great day and it even induced an excellent conversation about college today in class!!

A few of you have asked about how things are going with my whole trek to join the Air Force so I thought I'd give you an update on that. I've lost 10 pounds since I've started, unfortunately my workout program is not what I want it to be, but I'm keeping the eating part in check, which for me really has been the biggest struggle. So I'm proud of that! When I don't have papers to grade or a class to substitute, then I go for a walk around the school. On the AFOQT side of things, the part I'm most worried about is the verbal part so I've added a few free apps on my phone that are vocabulary related. I just decided as I was typing this that I should probably also expand my reading library and start reading other things besides the Twilight books--MAYBE!! :) I've also been playing this stupid game on my iPhone that's helping with the Visual Relationships part, unfortunately it's very addictive, but it's a game that I can practice over and over and keep getting better at it, so I am a nerd and I will.
On another note, I'm getting ready for my first set of semester exams. I'm really nervous for me and my students. I also had to sign up to work Christmas night at the funeral home, which is sad, but it's money so I have to buy Christmas presents somehow right? I also have some shifts covered so that I can go to Austin as soon as school's out! Well, that's really all I have for now. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Ten pounds..........that's fantastic! How is the jogging coming along?

    Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete