Friday, February 5, 2010

Blog-Podge

So I realized that today's date 2-5-10..is MATHEMATICAL!! Okay I'll try not to be a nerd...at least for a few more minutes....
So I forgot to blog last week. Last week was...interesting!! It started out somewhat normal until Tuesday evening. I took off work to go to a Rosary with my mom and dad for someone I hadn't really seen for like 13 years. So at the time I didn't think much about it. Until I got there...and saw all of her family, most of whom for the first 12 years of my life were part of my family! The Gabel's and the Lange's were like cousins to my sister and me. The Gabel's only lived 3 or 4 blocks away so were often at each other's houses, trying to spend the night. I even experienced my first tornado scare in the middle of the night at the Gabel's house. Leon Lange was(and is) dad's best friend so we were always hanging out together too. We all went on camping trips together, sat together at church- at least Cassi and I would sneak over there and sit with them. One thing I remembered last week is that when extended family came to town we were always invited to Grandma Olga's house on Sundays. Well, all of these memories came flooding back as I sat and listened to their stories. I was sad at the memories we didn't get to make after we made the move across town. You know, I can't really find the words still to describe the emotional overload that happened that night. The next day after the funeral we were invited to a dinner that the family hosted in the Knights of Columbus Hall behind St. Laurence-right off the Railroad tracks. It was good and weird- I don't think I've been in that hall since I was probably 11 or 12, and being back there with those same great people- I almost felt like I was 11 or 12 again! I have to thank Olga Lange for all the wonderful memories I was allowed to have because of her AMAZING family!
And then came THURSDAY! and with Thursday came SNOW!! LOTS AND LOTS OF SNOW!! Enough for schools to cancel two days in a row! So with talks of Power outages around town and friends bragging about their family time, my dad came and picked me up Thursday afternoon and I spent the weekend with the family! Watching movies, playing scrabble and Monopoly (we stick with the oldies) and most of all- EATING MOM AND DAD'S COOKING!! Needless to say, I really felt like a kid again after all of last week's events...
This week was my first experience with Catholic Schools Week! Well, most of it at least, I woke up sick on Tuesday, but I'm almost 100% again. It was fun-Catholic Schools Week not me being sick...
Today I'm really excited for several reasons! FIRST OF ALL, SINCE STARTING MY FITNESS QUEST AS OF TODAY- I'VE LOST 20 POUNDS!! I'm super psyched! I know I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there- I'M GETTING THERE!!
Second of all, tomorrow night is the Catholic Student Center Auction and Dance!! I LOVE GOING to hang out with my Catholic Friends, both new and old! It's my guaranteed once a year time to dance too!!
Well, I've read another book too- Percy Jackson & the Olympians: the Lightning Thief. It's the first book in a 4 book series! It's REALLY GOOD!! I'm sure you've seen the previews for the movie that's coming out. Just in case, if you have ever been interested in Greek Mythology- you should READ this book! It's also really good for teenagers or kids with ADHD or dyslexia!
"But don't take my word for it!"

1 comment:

  1. Summer is reading the Lightning Thief - I will have to steal it from her when she finishes!! Congrats on the weight loss - I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete