Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey Mr. Postman!

So here I am on a Friday night, just back from a little "pre-shopping" shopping trip. My tax return was deposited today and I have plans, small-ish plans, but plans nonetheless. I'm going to buy a bicycle, for one thing! I LOVED riding my bike when I was kid. I was furious with my mom when she got rid of mine when I was like 15 or something, even though it was old and not really working. I always talked about getting one, especially when I was at Tech. Riding my bike to class just looked like so much fun. And now that I am READY to get into shape, I think bike riding is going to be AWESOME. I also talked about getting a small digital TV, but a nameless-evil friend has talked me into getting a bigger one and while at Target, I noticed that there was a 32" LCD TV for only $449!! That's not too shabby. So I'll make a list tonight and do some more pre-shopping tomorrow and by Sunday or Monday, I'll have both purchased-I hope. So here I am, drinking my rum and diet dr. pepper (i told you I was trying to get into shape) which also reminds me that while I have some extra money I should go to the liquor store.

Oh so another reason for the Friday-night blog is a thought occured to me today on the drive home and while I was shopping. I have helped many-a-couples with their ups and downs and even just sat back and observed (in a completely not-stalking manner) relationships, successful or unsuccessful. I have given advice, sat and listened, been the buffer or excuse or whatever to quite a few others. Yet nothing for me. It's like being a post-man for 15 years and not receiving a single piece of mail. ( I just made that analogy up, and I have to say it's a pretty damn good one!) I'm baffled as to why, I mean (and I'm going to stick with the postman analogy for a bit, just cause it makes me sound a little less pathetic in my opinion) its not like I'm not writing any letters. I love writing letters! (which I actually do!) Yet all I do is help other people write letters to each other without anyone writing me... so maybe (this is the thought that I had) maybe I'm just supposed to help people write letters. And a part of me is actually okay with that.

Well, hopefully I have a very productive weekend. Have tests to grade (eek) classroom to clean and rearrange, apartment to clean and products to shop for and purchase! So I'm going to enjoy my diet dp and rum and the movies that I just picked up from blockbuster and hopefully have a VERY PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

  1. Your day will come my dear! Someone very special is waiting for you.

    Biking is a wonderful thing. I do it every chance I get. Come see me this summer and we can bike every day.

    Aunt D'Ryhona

    ReplyDelete